Monday, November 6, 2017

1910s Rilla Corset



Two years ago I made an overbust  corset from the 1910s from Truly Victorian. Since losing weight I’ve been wanting to make another one but just couldn’t get the motivation. When I saw a new pattern from  Scroop Patterns for a 1910s corset, I thought maybe a new pattern might give me the impetus I needed. 

Working on the eyelets! It’s easy, but takes a long time!


I began working on it in July and would have finished it much sooner than I did (late October) if I hadn’t had grommet trouble! I’ve used grommets before, so I’m not sure why they just would  Not Work. Luckily, Leimomi Oakes, the creator of the pattern, told me that hand-sewn eyelets would be period accurate. Whew! So that’s what I did! The sizing, assembly and everything else were great! I really enjoyed working with this pattern. 


All laced up!





There’s supposed to be extra lacing in the middle to tighten or loosen the corset, but I ran out of the lacing I already had. Oops!


I’m so glad that it’s finished. It was a great pattern and easy to make. And now I have a proper 1910s corset again! 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! It looks great! I wouldn't mind trying my hand at the era. That corset looks like a good one to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good. I like the peach binding / ribbon! A bit of an echo of Leimomi's pattern sample. :-)

    ReplyDelete