Friday, November 10, 2017

Ronja the Robber’s Daughter

An image from the Studio Ghibli Ronja the Robber’s Daughter, and Jared and Lucy


My brother and niece love the Studio Ghibli version of ‘Ronja the Robber’s Daughter’ which plays on Amazon Prime. Actually, I love it too. The look, the music, and of course the story are all quite enchanting. 

I wasn’t able to find trim that matched exactly, but I tried to get something similar. 



So we all decided that for Halloween, my brother Jared should be Mattis, the father, and my niece Lucy should be Ronja. I volunteered to pick out the fabric and make the costumes. Although the tunics that they wear are quite simple, it was trickier to draft patterns than I was expecting. It was definitely a good exercise for me to do!

Jared, Lucy and me. I (obviously) dressed up as a witch. I love Halloween!

1 comment: