Monday, October 30, 2017

Lady Edith’s Autumn Pallet

Although Downton Abbey as a series has ended, it remains a favourite with those who love historical dramas and gorgeous costumes. 

During the autumn season, I often think about Lady Edith’s lovely wardrobe which is predominantly (though not exclusively) in shades of peach and orange. 

So, in honour of autumn, Halloween and all things orange, here’s a look at some of Lady Edith’s best dresses. (I believe all the photos I found are copyrighted by ITV)


Lovely gold and sunset orange ensemble from one of the earlier 1910s seasons. 

Perfect! I love this simple, quintessentially 1920s boxy dress. 


This is a slight departure from the orange, but the lemon coloured blouse fits perfectly with the tweed of her suit. 



I love this blouse which both Edith and Sybil wear in seasons one and two. 

Again elegant, simple perfection. 

This has a more peachy hue to it and is an amazing ensemble with the blue accents in the coat. 


Brown! I love it! 

The piece de resistance in my opinion is this orange and black (or is it navy?) dress. Gorgeous!

I’m sure the colour choices for Edith’s clothes were partly due to the actresses colouring, and partly due to her character, but I think they are all lovely! 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic overview of her wardrobe!! She has the best clothes!!

    ReplyDelete