Sunday, October 1, 2017

Wearing History 1910s Skirt

This is a follow-up of my summer post. I’ve finally finished one of my unfinished sewing projects! The skirt from the excellent Wearing History 1910s suit pattern.

I bought some rayon crepe awhile back, originally to use for a 1920s dress. The crepe was thicker, and the grey lighter than I was expecting and I didn’t think it would be suitable for a dress. It seemed a perfect option for a skirt.

It took me ages to figure out the front closure. I tried buttonholes, but that didn’t work with the fabric at all, so they're fake buttons with snaps underneath. It works beautifully!

Here are a few pictures of the finished product. My 1910s corset isn’t finished yet, so no authentic underthings yet. But that’s coming!





Yesterday I went up in the mountains with my mum and niece, so we were able to take some lovely photos up there too!


3 comments:

  1. Looks even lovelier in real life than it does in the photos. Hangs well, also. Beautiful day, beautiful girl, beautiful clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It's always an awesome feeling to get an unfinished sewing project done! :-)

    ReplyDelete