Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Modern Priscilla: Bread Pudding

My niece has been baking bread like nobody's business, so bread has been on my mind. I was going to just throw together one when I thought I'd see if my Modern Priscilla cookbook had a recipe.

It did. I ended up combining two of the recipes, in fact.

I combined elements of the Bread Pudding & the California Bread Pudding recipes. 


Getting ready for the oven. I didn't put fruit & nuts in, but I did include vanilla & a bit of cinnamon.

Just out of the oven.


Trying a wee sample. I need to get some cream for when I serve it after dinner tonight. 


This recipe turned out well. It's simple & tasty - just the way I like a bread pudding. The bread is soft but not soggy. I did bake it at 325, and for probably 55 minutes. 



1 comment:

  1. how clever of you to combine the two!
    You'll have to let me know what the family think!

    ReplyDelete