Friday, September 18, 2015

Not-Beginning of the Month Baking: Rice Muffins

I tried out one of my Modern Priscilla recipes near the beginning of the month. I was not very pleased with the result, and having been so busy since this is the first chance I've had to post this. 

The Recipe

The batter

I feel as though I mis-read the recipe. I assumed that it was a sweet recipe, so added some cinnamon & a bit of vanilla. After eating them, however, I felt as though perhaps they were meant to be savoury. They might do as a substitute to biscuits. 






The rice texture was disconcerting, and they didn't taste bad, they were just bland. As I said before, they would fare better as a savoury muffin, but why bother? Why not boil up some plain rice? Unless, of course, one used gluten free flour, it might make a nice alternative to biscuits. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm! The recipe says rice, but there are so many varieties of rice! I wonder if it would make a difference which type. I think serving a fried egg on top with a nice, juicy slice of grilled ham would go well with it maybe.

    ReplyDelete