I selected several patterns, most of which are from the excellent Wearing History. I chose a skirt pattern from The Fashion Archaeologist as well.
|The lovely patterns I selected - some of which I already had before this project seized me!|
But before I could begin sewing any blouses or skirts, I had to begin with the proper corset, which I chose from Truly Victorian, who had recently added a 1910s corset to their collection.
I was very surprised by how different this corset pattern is to the other corsets/ stays I have made. I have made Regency short stays, and 18th century stays, but I have never ventured with anything this modern.
|Pinning the pattern pieces.|
I was able to sew several parts of the corset together, but had to break while waiting for the proper boning to come in the post. But I look forward to finishing this corset in the next week or two.
|A glimpse of how the corset might look when completed!|