Monday, June 4, 2018

‘A Power o’ Nature’

I have recently been thinking about the dissertation I wrote a little over four years ago. The subject and research was on holy wells in Scotland, particularly those in Argyll, the Isle of Bute and Fife. It’s funny, as I’d been in the thick of university life, and would have thought I was at the top of my game as far as research and writing are concerned.

The Lady Well, Glasgow. It’s wonderful to be able to go over my own stomping-ground in my writing. These photos are from June 2014


Ive been reading up on the subject the past couple of weeks, and I’m already realising I could have done a lot better. Though it’s slow going, I’ve been working on a writing project with the wells, and I love reading and researching and writing again. I hope I’ll be able to go somewhere with this project!

The capped holy well. It’s encouraging to see that it’s still visited. 


1 comment:

  1. Too little. We need more. Tell us bits about these two wells, even their ages, or any history you know concerning them. I'm glad you're blowing the dust off this project and bringing it again to light!

    ReplyDelete