Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February Progress Report

I began writing this in late January, and now it’s nearly a week into February already, and I still have not updated my blog! Shame on me! I keep hoping I can get photos of the fellow wearing the kilt I finished in December, but we shall still have to wait!

I have not, however, been idle. I’ve nearly finished the second kilt, and I also altered a Regency-era dress I made four years ago. I was able to use it for The Historical Sew Monthly, which I’ve not properly participated in for ages!

The photos I have from when I originally made the dress are not very good, I’m afraid, so I’ve compiled them into one photo.


This is the first dress I made entirely by myself, from a Sense & Sensibility pattern. Despite its flaws, I’m quite proud of it, especially as I didn’t have a machine and sewed it all by hand. 



I also removed the self-fabric tie and replaced it with tape, as well as adding a bit of lace to the sleeves. 

Apologies for the awkward selfie poses! I never seem to do these things when other people can be around to take pictures of me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment