Thursday, January 1, 2015

Goals for the New Year

Growing up, I feel that New Years resolutions were always regarded as a sort-of joke. One didn't really intend to keep them. One year, thanks to my good friend Rachel, and my flat-mate at the time, I was pretty successful at keeping those pesky resolutions. This year I decided to call them goals, and suddenly it seemed quite an exciting prospect for the New Year.

One of my goals was to start a new blog. Whilst I was living in Scotland, I kept a blog, ostensibly to keep my family in America informed of my goings-on. But I found that I really looked forward to doing it, and it was a good record for myself of my glorious time in Scotland.

I graduated last year with a MA in archaeology. At this point in my life I am not using that degree. But I thought I could use this blog to discuss the archaeological and historical things which interest me, as well as any historic needlework projects I might be working on. Archaeology has often been described as a magpie-like profession, as it gleans things from many other disciplines: science, history and philosophy to name a few. As this blog will be a little bit of everything, I thought it apt to borrow the magpie comparison.

Thank you for reading, and Happy New Year to you all!


3 comments: