Thursday, October 20, 2022

Nick's Murals & Installation at the Bean Museum

 On the Brigham Young University campus is the Bean Life Science Museum, which houses a large collection of wildlife: birds, insects, elephants, etc. 

When Nick was a graduate student at BYU, he worked on a mural for the African exhibit, painting a good portion of it, and crafting and installing the displays for the animals as well. I knew that he'd done this work, but this is the first time I have gone up to see it. I was really impressed with the display, and thought I'd share some pictures of it:

Not only did Nick paint a large portion of the mural, he also worked on the trees, rocks and plants in the displays. 


The fake water needed a dusting, but Nick worked on this part of the exhibit as well. It was really cool seeing all the different aspects of his work.

Look at that lovely day-time moon.




I was really impressed by these murals that Nick painted, and all the work he did to install the animals in their display. I hope he gets a chance to paint murals in the future. 

I wrote a post about Nick's art last year, but I'll post a link to his website again with his more recent work: Nick Bontorno

No comments:

Post a Comment