Friday, August 30, 2019

Agatha Christie Blouse

I have long admired the style of Agatha Christie, especially when she was a young woman in the 1910s and ‘20s. After the delightful recent adaptation of ‘Howard’s End’, my resolve to have a smart striped Edwardian blouse increased.

The inspiration for my blouse. 

I bought a pattern from Past Patterns, found a lovely striped cotton and set to work.

A closeup of the collar, which was a bit tricky! 


I liked the pattern, but it was a little difficult, and I mis-read the directions for the pleat/ tuck that goes around the shoulder. But I liked the look of my mistake so kept it.

The Norwich area is full of gorgeous churches and it was a nice plus to explore them in my 1910s outfit. The skirt is an original, from around 1917. 

I made the belt with some vintage ribbon, and the neck-scarf is from Burnley & Trowbridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment