Monday, February 28, 2022

Book of Hours: a beginning

I plunged into starting my medieval-inspired Book of Hours. I made a Coptic bound book, bought some pens & colored pencils, and got to work. I haven't done very much, and progress will be slow, I want to add to it when I feel to, and not force anything. But I'm excited by what I've done so far: 

The cover of my book. I wanted a plain, dark cover. 

The inside cover of my book, using Italian paper. Coptic Christianity is an ancient branch of Christianity that began in Egypt, and this form of binding comes from them. 

The first page of my book. 


The second page of my book.

Like I said, I haven't done much yet, but I look forward to adding to this project over the next several weeks, months and years. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your work; I love the spirit of your work. Wish I could do
    something even akin to this! KEEP GOING!

    ReplyDelete